Problem: When attempting to login to a remote RDS Server you see an error message”. “Your computer can’t connect to the remote computer because a security package error occurred in the transport layer”
Systems Affected: Currently this has only been observed on Windows 10 Professional instances of the Remote Desktop Client. However it may apply to Windows 7 Professional also.
Cause: After the recent patch cycle when using the Remote Desktop Connection Client cached usernames and password credentials no longer work and display the above error.
Resolution: Clear the cached credentials and re-enter them. Please follow the Step by step below
- Right click on the Remote Desktop Connection Icon (this is the RDP file you use to connect) and choose the edit option from the context menu
- From the Remote Desktop Connection Dialog Box select the Advanced tab
- On the Advanced tab you will see a area named “Connect from anywhere” click the Settings… button
- You will see a RD Gateway Server Settings Dialog in the Logon Settings area click the “delete” link where it says “You can edit or delete these credentials”
- You need to click “Yes” confirm the deletion when prompted
- Click OK and then click the “Connect” button. You will prompted to re-enter your credentials. Check the “Remember me” checkbox only if the computer login you are using is not shared with other users.
- Continue to log in as normal