Why choose Toggen for web hosting?
About Hosting with Toggen
What’s the difference
Hands Off Hosting
Toggen hosting is ideal if you want to be able to phone someone and discuss changes when help is needed with your site.
If you don’t want to wrestle with a web tool kit or control panels we can do the uploads, adds, updates and edits for you.
Small quick edits* come with the hosting.
More substantial updates are charged at our standard Website development & administration rates.
* Quick edits take less than 15 minutes and occur no more than once a month
Hosting Geographically Close to your Audience
To understand why hosting the primary website closer to your users is beneficial. Note the round trip times for a Squarespace US hosted site and one in the Amazon Sydney data centre.
|Website||Round trip time in milliseconds|
|Average of 20 ping requests over a NBN50 & Wi-Fi in Suburban Melbourne|
A typical small website is only a few hundred megabytes and it might grow over time. Toggen backs up and keeps your data in Amazon S3 ready for when disaster strikes.
We Patch Regularly
One of the challenges with hosting-only and a “no extras” provider is there are no regular patching or upgrades. Eventually this can lead to a website being compromised.
If you want someone to host and to keep an eye on the latest security patches. Call Toggen
What do you get when you host with Toggen?
Web HostingYearly commitment paid in advance
- Hosting on Amazon Web Services World Class Infrastructure
- Daily backup* to Amazon S3
- Patching and Security upgrades
- Amazon Linux 2 hosting
- PHP 7.4+
- MySQL 8+
- You never take part in a help desk relay
- BYO domain or we can register one for you
- Call with edits if you aren’t confident to DIY
- Price is for Sydney Shared Hosting only
- * Backup greater than 500MB $2 per gigabyte per month extra