I’ve been stuck at home for a few months now due to COVID-19 isolation.
My wife comments regularly on how hunching over my Macbook Pro all day gives me much spine curvature. “Bad posture”, “Terrible posture” etc.
So I have a solution which will bring my head up to a level where I can sit with better posture
It involved a visit to to my local MSY Computer Parts store and the purchase of all the parts to build myself a PC, which I haven’t done in many years
It was a pleasant experience getting all the bits. The guy in the face mask behind the counter translated my requests into suitable parts.
With the following vague requirements:
- I code
- I’m using it for business
- I don’t game (no need for cutting edge CPU or expensive cooling options)
- I want a CPU around the 300$ AUD mark (AMD Ryzen 5 3600)
- I use a number of virtual machines (32GB RAM)
- I wanted a 1TB primary SSD & 6TB of slower storage
- Need Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
I got the following parts
To be honest I got the bug because I saw a PC build on Youtube
My previous self-built PC had wires running in all directions but this video helped me to take a little extra time to do some cable management. The end results you can see in the pictures of the front and back of the case.